Friday, March 19, 2010

B9 Self Portrait








What is a self-portrait? A self portrait is an image one creates of themselves, that can be drawn, painted, photographed or sculpted, among other things.


What are the distinctive things that make me "me"? Things that make me "me" are my positive and upbeat, never say die attitude, my love for being "artsy-fartsy," my slight obsession with bears, my love of singing, my bright platinum blonde hair, and my sincere desire for peace and honesty among people in this world.


How do I want people to see me? I want people to see me as a strong, smart, independent young woman with a good head on her shoulders.

How can I express my many different sides? I can express my different sides through art such as drawing and painting, as well as poetry or music.

How can I reinvent myself for various purposes or times in my life? Sometimes I need to reinvent myself, and this could be as simple as an outfit or a new hairdo, or as complicated as evaluating and changing my perspective on certain topics. However, I will never change my perspective for the sole purpose of making someone happy.

How am I changing from day to day or year to year? Every day I grow older and wiser, and more experienced.

Who do I want to become? I want to become someone that people can look up to and learn a lot from, both in and out of the classroom.

Part 2:

I chose two very odd self portraits that I found on google images. I chose the first one because I thought it was interesting that someone would take a self portrait of themselves with a blurred out face. I chose the second one because I liked that this guy seemed like quite a character with his goggles on and all the smoke furling around him. These might influence my own self portrait stylistically, plus they are both quite unique which gives me ideas about how to be unique in my own way.

Part 3:

http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/s/self-portrait.html

I intend to use this website as a model for ideas when creating my own self portrait. I do like to be unique, but at the same time I like to see what other artists focus on in their own self portraits, so that I can come up with my own personally tailored ideas.


4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the portraits that you chose for this assignment. The tonal qualities of both images is truly effective, as well as specific aspects of each image like the blur of the woman's face while the body is static, as well as the smoke in the second image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great response to our assignment. The photos chosen for the self portraits are great. I really enjoyed the first one with the blurred face it was really thinking outside the box. Your answers to the question as well are strong response that truly speak about who you are. Wonderful insight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the two images you chose for this assignment, they are not the typical self portrait. I agree that uniqeness can be very inspiring! Also, I love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The images are beautiful! great choices! I love how they are in black and white. :)

    ReplyDelete