Saturday, April 10, 2010

Week 11

On the adobe website, I found the following link, that I would implement in my own classroom:

http://www.adobe.com/education/instruction/teach/acrobat-curriculum.html

I would use this resource to help my students document and catalog their artworks. I wish this was a tool that I personally had access to as a student, because over the years and through moving I have lost a good deal of my artwork. Besides looking back at past projects, this would also be beneficial to students looking to eventually enter art school. I think this is a very good way to prepare for that application process.


The second website was for Apple, which I am fairly familiar with. I liked this link about mobile learning:

http://www.apple.com/education/teachers-professors/mobile-learning.html

I would definitely use this with my own students, especially those in middle and high school. It would be especially good for trips to art museums and related field trips, as well as homework assignments.

Thirdly, I visited edutopia. I found this page about project learning:

http://www.edutopia.org/project-learning-introduction

This talks about the importance of project learning and its benefits. I would use this is my art classroom to engage the students more, and to help them be able to connect real world events to artwork that they are learning about. I feel that my art classroom instruction throughout grade school lacked this, and I definitely paid for that later on in art history classes.


No comments:

Post a Comment