Friday, March 5, 2010

Adobe InDesign Videos

Watching the tutorials on Adobe InDesign was rather informative. I have not used InDesign prior to this class, so I think they will help me out immensely. I liked how the first video showed how to use direct select on the corner points to change the shape of the objects. I like tweaking things, so this will come in handy for sure. The video on working with text was cool, because I didn't realize that I could change what language I was using. I also liked that it showed how to create real fractions and how to change something in all capitals to lower case letters. I wish MS word had options like these, it would make writing papers much easier. The third video, on text styles, seemed to go hand in hand with the second. I like that it described how to create my own style, how to save it, and how to apply it without a lot of steps. In the fourth video, creating bulleted and numbered lists seemed to be pretty simple. I think that this was the most obvious thing that these tutorials showed me how to do. I think the fifth video, on using the text wrap panel, was the most useful to me. I will definitely use this, especially how to use the contour options for detecting edges and wrapping text around images. The options made it really simple to put the text on either or both sides of an image. Finally, the sixth video, on managing pages, sort of reminded me of creating slides on PowerPoint. I did like that it had options for moving pages to specific places within a document though. I liked the female presenter, Anne-Marie Concepcion, the best because her voice was very comical and she seemed like she really enjoyed working with InDesign. The other presenters sort of reminded me of Ben Stein, rather dry and boring for my taste. Anne-Marie made the tutorials more exciting for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I loved learning from the video's, too! It was so much better than trying to figure things out through trial and error.

    ReplyDelete