Monday, March 15, 2010

B8 Adobe Photoshop

The first Photoshop video that I watched was Making and Refining Selections. This video was helpful because it reinforced the application of the selection and direct selection tools. I personally liked how it showed me the correct way to select and move stacked objects. Next, I watched Using Layers. I like how this allows me control objects that overlap. Thirdly, I watched Converting Color Photos to Black and White. I like the black and white tool that it used, as well as the hand tinting effect. It looked really neat when that was demonstrated. Next I watched Applying Smart Filters. The most important thing I took from this video was how to adjust the Smart Filter settings after I applied them to an object. The video, Correct Lighting with Camera Raw, was definitely my favorite. I can't even say how many photos I can fix using this tool. I like that you can correct dark subjects, white balance and midtones. Too often have I taken an awesome picture and it didn't turn out because of the lighting. The next video, Making Tonal Corrections, seemed very basic for me. I already knew how to adjust color contrast, but going over how to adjust the exposure was a nice refresher. The next video, Making Color Corrections, was pretty cool because I got to see how to change the lighting in just a portion of a photograph. Going over how to convert color to black and white seemed sort of redundant though. To be completely honest, I watched the video Using Vanishing Points in Photoshop, and I think it went over my head. I tried to replicate what they were doing in the tutorial but I had a hard time figuring it out. The video Importing Content into InDesign, was nice because it showed me some shortcuts like multi file placement and quick apply. I feel like when I have more time and opportunities to play around with InDesign I will be able to feel more confident using it and its features.

No comments:

Post a Comment